Monday, May 10, 2010

At First Sight

At First Sight is a novel by Nicholas Sparks. I have not read very much by him. This book is set mainly in a small town in North Carolina. A writer from New York city, Jeremy, has fallen in love with a small town girl from Boone Creek, North Carolina. He decides to leave his live in NYC to move to Boone Creek and start a life with her. But how do you start a life with someone you barely know?

Jeremy and Lexie only just met a few weeks ago, but already they are engaged and planning a life together. When Jeremy gets a message questioning the honesty of his fiancee, it sets off a chain of events that threaten to tear the couple apart.

This is book about relationships from the guy's perspective, which was interesting to read. I found that I was not as emotionally attached to the characters, though. When tragedy struck, it was not as emotional for me as I think it typically is when I am reading a book. But it was an interesting and enjoyable read. I am not sure I would put Nicholas Sparks among my favorite authors though.

Happy Reading!

No comments: