Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Summons

The Summons by John Grisham does not disappoint. His books rarely do. I only read Grisham every so often and every time I do, I wonder why it has been so long since I have.

This is another of his legal dramas, but not so much in the courtroom. This novel is about a law professor whose father has called him back home for a meeting regarding his affairs. His father is dying. He was a prominent judge in a small town, a place where the law professor would rather not revisit. The visit reconnects him with his brother as they settle the old man's estate, and sets him on the hunt to find answers to a mystery surrounding his father.

This book was a fast read with enough mystery and twists that it was a page turner. I was once again taken in by John Grisham and his flawed but likeable characters and interesting plot. The man has a gift; there is a reason he writes bestsellers.

Happy Reading!

No comments: