Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Job

Janet Evanovich's and Lee Goldberg's The Job is the latest in the series with FBI agent Kate O'Hare and con man Nick Fox.  It is another fast paced, high stakes, fun romp with these two misfits.

In The Job, Kate and Nick must figure out who is impersonating him while pulling off art thefts across Europe. When they discover the perpetrator, the real fun begins in their plan to take down one of the most dangerous and elusive criminals known internationally.  As with the other novels in this series, the plot is elaborate and unique.  This one fell a little short for me, though.  I thought the con job was thrown at the reader quickly and found holes I wanted the authors to fill.  It wasn't as funny as the other novels in the series either.  While you get glimpses of the cast of characters that readers are growing to love, it just wasn't enough.  I felt like Janet's voice in this was overshadowed, as the book lacked the romantic tension and humor felt in her other works.

I still recommend it if you love the adventures of Kate, Nick and their band of assistants.  It just isn't my favorite in the series.

Happy Reading!

No comments: