Monday, February 16, 2009

Forever in Blue (The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood)

This is the final installment of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. I read all four books back to back. My world was so entrenched with these four girls that they became my friends for a short time!

This book is not as entertaining as the first three. I think that the third and fourth in the series are not as good as the first two. However, it was still an okay book. I liked it. I thought it was a pretty good wrap up to the series. The storyline was fading and I couldn't really see where else the author could go that would offer the reader something new. So it is appropriate that the series ends here.

In this book, the girls are in finished their first year of college. They are each doing something related to school through the summer though. Three are staying at their respective schools and one is traveling abroad. The still send the pants on to each other, but they play a much reduced role in this book. The only time the four friends are together is at the very end of the book when an emergency brings them together for one purpose. It is a very fitting end to the book and the series.

The author comments that she might revisit these girls at a later point in their lives. She doesn't think she is finished with them yet. If she does complete another novel with these girls, as women, I think I would probably pick it up. It wouldn't be one I would rush to the store to get, but I would want to read it to see where their lives have taken them to satisfy curiosity.

Overall, I would recommend this entire series. Reading all four back to back was enjoyable for me.

Happy Reading!

No comments: