Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010...Year in Review

In 2009, I read 37 books and posted that I hoped to break that record this year. Well, I fell short; this year I read 35. I am not disappointed, though, because in reviewing the books that I have read, several of them were quite long and a few of them took me quite a long time to read (including the book I am currently reading, The Witching Hour, which is over 1,000 pages long and I have been reading for three weeks). I spent an entire month on The Corrections, close to that on Eat Pray Love, and Paint it Black took a long time because of the subject matter. While, The Corrections isn't in my favorites list, it was an excellent book and quite a personal accomplishment.

My favorites of the year would include the 16th book in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, Sizzling Sixteen (as always). I just love her books and she has yet to write one in that series that I would not count as a favorite book. In addition, the Sookie Stackhouse short stories, A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris would be a favorite. The Hunger Games series (The Hunger Games & Catching Fire) were incredible books that I cannot wait to share with my oldest child. The third and final book in that trilogy was released late this year and I plan on reading it very soon. The Summons by John Grishom and Executive Privilege by Phillip Margolin were my favorite mystery books this year. Sundays at Tiffanys by James Patterson and Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts were also favorites. And two of our book club books make my favorites list of the year, as well: The Sugar Queen and Cold Sassy Tree. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen was so familiar and touching to me. I don't often re-read books, but I loved that one so much that I will definitely revisit it.

There were a lot of good ones this year. Who knows, maybe in 2011 I will make it to 40 books. I have such a passion for reading and am always "currently reading" something. So, as long as there are as many good ones in the group, I guess it doesn't matter how many books I have read.

Happy New Year & Happy Reading!

2010 Book List
Eat Pray Love (book club)
Home Again
Happily Ever After
Dirty Blonde
Heart of the Sea
Tears of the Moon
Jewels of the Sun
The Corrections
The Man from Montana
The Sugar Queen (book club)
Just Kate
Temptation
Executive Privilege
Sizzling Sixteen
The Taking
Sundays at Tiffanys
3 Willows
The Summons
Savor the Moment
Bed of Roses
Vision in White
Vinegar Hill
Dead in the Family
At First Sight
Cold Sassy Tree (book club)
Monkeewrench
Paint It Black
Murder in the Chateau
True Colors
Catching Fire
Above & Beyond
The Hunger Games
The Lost Symbol (book club)
A Touch of Dead
The Wednesday Letters

No comments: