Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weddings Can Be Murder

Weddings Can Be Murder by Christie Craig is a simple, cheesy romance that is disguised as a mystery.  It was a "Free Fridays" selection for my nook, which is why I read it.  I am glad that it was free.

The main character in this book is planning her wedding.  When her wedding planner is murdered, while she is there, she and a PI are thrown together to try to solve the mystery of who killed the wedding planner.  The characters are one dimensional, the plot is weak, the situations used to throw these two characters together are unbelievable, and the research into the background of any of it is non-existent.  I guess that is what one should expect out of a simple romance novel.  It was supposed to be funny, but I didn't find it so.

Every once in a while, I am in the mood for a romance, total escapism literature (if it can be called that); a book that does not require my brain to work while reading.  This fit that bill, but was unsatisfying none the less.

Happy Reading!

No comments: