Thursday, January 2, 2014

Year in Review: 2013

2013 has come to a close, so it is time for a "Year in Review" post.  Forty-five books this year!  I think that might be a new personal best - an average of  3.75 books per month.  I guess with the youngest in first grade and my Dad on the mend and more independent, I have had more time to read this year.  Yay me!

Of those 45, several stand out.  As always, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (Notorious Nineteen & Takedown Twenty) top the list.  In addition, The Last Noel was one of my favorites.  I thoroughly enjoyed the otherworldly vampire huntress series and the spinoffs by Jeanine Frost, which includes 14 books on the list below.  The series by Lou Aronica (Blue & Until Again) were also wonderful books.  I would also highly recommend the novel Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and her other novels (Sharp Objects & Dark Places) for excellent thriller/mystery reads.  Inferno, which was the latest installment in Dan Brown's Robert Langdon (Da Vinci Code) series was also a good mystery read.

As I read over the list below, there are so many that I would recommend that it would actually be easier to list the books I would not recommend.  I think that makes 2013 a pretty good year!  Happy Reading!


Books Read in 2013

 Deadly Sanctuary
Devil's Cradle
The Last Noel
Cold Mountain (Book Club)
Halfway to the Grave
One Foot in the Grave
Happily Never After
At Grave's End
Devil to Pay
Destined for an Early Grave
Magic Graves
First Drop of Crimson
Eternal Kiss of Darkness
This Side of the Grave
One Grave at a Time
The Bite Before Christmas
Once Burned
The Glass Case
Of Love and Evil
Pets in a Pickle
The Ten Year Nap
Twice Tempted
Caught Up in Us
A Time to Love
Relentless
Spinning
Protector
Gone Girl
Sharp Objects
Dark Places
Shelter Me
Echoes
The Heist
Inferno (Book Club)
Silent Witness
A Texan's Promise
And When She Was Good
Until Again
Blue
The Liberation of Alice Love
Pros & Cons
The Book of Love (Book Club)
The Next Best Thing
Notorious Nineteen
Takedown Twenty
 


No comments: