Sunday, June 22, 2008

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I just finished the last installment in the Harry Potter series. I laughed, I cried, I sat on the edge of my seat and was scared. It was an excellent book.

The plot in this book was intricate. So intricate, that at times I felt confused and had to reference back. That should not reflect negatively on the book itself, but of my reading habits. When I read these days, I am usually tired, or have a short period of time and am trying to get as much read as I can, or I am surrounded by distractions. Back to the point...I am amazed at the effort that J. K. Rowling had to put into creating this entire series. It is not a simple story line. There are twists and turns and just when you think you had it figured out, something happens that shakes the foundation of the book.

I am very sad that I have completed the series. My adventures with Harry are over. There will be the last two movies coming out, but the movies that I have seen so far of the series did not engage me. So, I am left to re-live the adventure through my children as they grow and I introduce them to this wonderful, courageous hero.

I was never interested in Harry Potter before. I don't typically read fantasy, was not interested in the Harry Potter craze. I was hugely mistaken and judged these books without information. I am so thankful that my friend turned me onto them. This series is one that I would pass onto someone as a great gift. The gift of Harry Potter is one that can be handed down through generations. He is a hero that will transcend time.

No comments: