Monday, November 3, 2008

Blue Moon

I just finished Blue Moon the next Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel. This novel focuses more on Anita's relationships with the lycanthropes in her life -- the werewolves and other "shapeshifters". It was just as action packed and gruesome as the other novels. Anita learns more about what the relationship she has forged with the vampire and the werewolf means, and how to control the magical powers that she possesses. Some important changes in that relationship happen. She also crosses a personal line that, I thought, changes the reader's viewpoint of her. But in the end, she redeems herself with her personal faith. The line she crosses is justified because she did it for noble purposes.

This novel took me a little more time to get through. Maybe because I have read so many of the same thing in a row, maybe just timing - not being able to read as much because life was too busy. I did enjoy the book as much as the others. It did not stand out to me as a favorite.

Happy Reading!

No comments: