Friday, October 2, 2009

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre

Amanda Grange is the author of the Pride & Prejudice spin off novel, Mr. Darcy, Vampyre. This was a book club pick, directly following Pride & Prejudice. I enjoyed it almost as much as I enjoyed it's inspiration.

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre picks up where Pride & Prejudice leaves off. Elizabeth and Darcy are married and begin their wedding tour. Things start smoothly, but very soon Mr. Darcy's strange behavior concerns Elizabeth. They travel far from home, into some pretty scary places. Adventures ensue, and eventually Elizabeth learns the truth. What will become of her marriage and her future?

A lively, fun tale. I recommend it as the perfect follow-up to the original novel. When I finished Pride & Prejudice, I wanted more. This novel answered that call in a very original way. I am intrigued by the whole industry created by the desire to know "what happened next" to Elizabeth and her family. This will not be the last P&P follow up novel that I read. I plan on devouring Amanda Grange's other spin off novels soon.

Happy Reading!

No comments: