Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dead to the World

Charlaine Harris is on a roll! Dead to the World is the 4th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. This one was another winner! I enjoyed it even more than the last one.

In this book, Sookie comes across a naked man on the side of the road. She stops to help him and realizes that he is the leader of the vampires in her area. She knows him quite well, but he has not idea who she is. He is scared and alone, and has no idea who he is or how he ended up walking down that road naked. Sookie goes on quite the adventure trying to figure out who did this to Eric and why. Not only does she have a mystery on her hands with the vampires, but her brother goes missing, too. Now she has to help Eric get his memory back and find her brother before time runs out.

I was so happy to see the characters that I loved from the last book in the series back in this one. In addition, there are more new characters introduced that are fantastic. Sookie just keeps getting better and better. I LOVED this book. I love that this author is willing to really shake things up in her main characters world. I love that she isn't predictable and will make choices that the reader does not expect. I have become a huge fan and will recommend this series to all of my friends, even those not interested in vampires and other supernatural themes. Fantastic book. I just can't say enough about it!

Happy Reading!

No comments: