Monday, December 21, 2009

Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse Novels

I have not had time to post, as the holidays are upon us and life is extremely busy. But I have been reading in my free time. Since I have only been reading one thing, I am combing all of the books into one post. I have read the first eight books in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, Dead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, and From Dead to Worse.

I am addicted to these books. I love Sookie Stackhouse and all of Harris' characters. The series is about a barmaid (Sookie) who is a telepath. In these books, vampires have become part of mainstream society. Sookie meets a vampire, gets involved with him, and her world changes drastically. Her ability, something that she has always seen as a curse, is desired by those in the vampire community. Throughout the series she forms friendships and business relationships with vampires and other supernatural beings. Her life becomes a series of misadventures.

This series is highly entertaining and addictive. These books contain action, romance, comedy. The heroine is so incredibly likable. She is flawed, and modest. I love how she has to rely on herself, and find an inner strength to get through the adventures. She is a strong lead female character who doesn't have to rely on anyone else, which I find refreshing.

I highly recommend these books. I can't wait to start the ninth book, Dead and Gone. It will be a long wait until book ten comes out in May 2010!

Happy Reading!

No comments: