Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone is the ninth novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. This is the last novel in the series that I have to read until the next book comes out in May of 2010. I thought that I was going to be sad that I would have to wait five months for more of Sookie and her adventures. But I have to say that after reading this one, I can wait for the next one. I don't want to give anything away, but the author made me a little upset at the end of this book.

The premise of this edition of Sookie's adventures is a war between two factions of fairies. Her great-grandfather on one side, and his enemy on the other. The enemy is out to get Sookie because of her importance to the Fairy Prince (her great-grandfather). As always, the character surrounding Sookie are entertaining. Some of those characters that typically surround Sookie play more minor roles in this novel, and I found myself missing them. There is one favorite character that comes back in a good way, too. That was a long awaited encounter and very satisfying. Sookie also faces more grave danger in this novel. It will be interesting to see how that affects her in the next one.

Overall, of course, I would recommend the book. This is an excellently entertaining series. This is not one of my favorites though, and I wish the author had included more of my favorite characters and hadn't made certain choices. So now I wait until May to see what happens in Sookie's always entertaining and dangerous affairs.

Happy Reading!

No comments: