Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009...Year in Review

Thirty-seven books this year. That is four more than last year. I love that I can look back at last year's year end post and compare that to this year.

In the last few months I have become obsessed with the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. For 2009, those eight books would have to top my favorites list. Other favorites this year would have to be Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, and Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. Both of those were very emotional, coming of age type novels. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is also one of the best reads of 2009. Night Fall and Wild Fire by Nelson DeMille were two of my favorite mystery/action novels. Of course, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels for this year Plum Spooky and Finger Lickin' Fifteen make my favorites list, too.

It has been a good year, marked by some good fiction. I am looking forward to checking more books off of my want to read list in 2010, and hoping that I can break this year's total of 37. Maybe I will make it to 40!

Happy Reading!


2009 Book List
Dead and Gone
From Dead to Worse
All Together Dead
Definitely Dead
Dead as a Doornail
Dead to the World
Club Dead
Living Dead in Dallas
Dead Until Dark
The Beach House
You Had Me at Halo
Mr. Darcy, Vampyre (book club)
Dreamland
Hold Tight
Lost and Found
Stripped
Wild Fire
Night Fall
Immoral
The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters
Finger Lickin' Fifteen
Pride and Prejudice (book club)
Snakes Don't Miss Their Mothers
Beyond Recognition
Monkey Love
The Shack (book club)
Water for Elephants
Sailing to Capri
By the Light of the Moon
The Nosy Neighbor
Firefly Lane
The Expected One (book club)
Plum Spooky
Forever in Blue
Girls in Pants
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Family Tree

No comments: