Monday, September 22, 2008

The Laughing Corpse

This is the second Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel. This would not normally be my cup of tea, but I read the first book (Guilty Pleasures) because a dear friend recommended it. I was hooked and decided to read on. The Laughing Corpse was even better than Guilty Pleasures. It was easier to follow, explained a little more history, and was a page turner.

This book is gruesome, suspenseful, and interesting. It is hard to describe without sounding ridiculous. The monsters, ghouls, vampires, lycanthropes (shape shifters), animators, necromancers...the list goes on and sounds a little weird. But really, the books are very entertaining.

I am definitely hooked, and as soon as I finished this book, I picked up the third, Circus of the Damned. My next stop, after posting this, is the local library website to put the next three in the series on hold.

Happy Reading!

No comments: